Monday

..by a thread

Parenting is an inexact science that combines the volatility of unstable elements in an uncontrolled environment and then introduces absolute chaos. In laymen’s[2] lingo, children are a disaster waiting to happen!


To me,
The scientific string theory says there are nine different dimensions and time is relative. I’m watching a PBS special with the eldest son, trying to relate. He’s excited by this theory, so I am too.
Viewed from inside my eyelids, I agree that this theory must be valid, because I’m not really here or there, but stuck somewhere in between.
[1] Keeping it simple, Terina

Parenting is not a new scientific phenomenon. It’s been happening for centuries, and certainly at some point during the whole process, someone must have kept detailed scientific notes on their hypotheses[3] and the procedures that proved tried and true?

To me,
I keep explicit notes, mostly written in the dead of night, on paper that is soggy from an upended water glass. In the depths of darkness, I am certain that this flash of brilliance will illuminate all childrearing mysteries.
Alas, as the stark light of day dawns, the scrawls bleed away into murky blots. The notations that are still discernable are written in foreign tongues—the language of night, inane mutterings and indistinguishable dream gibberish. Lost in translation, T.


It turns out that because the science of parenting is imprecise, experimentation can result in a series of accidents run amok!


And that’s one more reason that the world keeps parenting. It’s another of life’s adrenaline rushes that results from uncertainty and the thrill of the unknown. We live for the excitement of the surprise ending.

Reality Bite: My working hypothesis, is that when the experiment is finally harnessed, I’ll examine what I’ve created and discover a whole new life form!

[1] Tomorrow night the topic is the chaos theory. I’m an expert on that!
[2] Persons who have not been doing science homework at midnight.
[3] If someone did, it’s probably all in Latin.

No comments: